Content and structure
Within this course you are expected to successfully complete six taught modules for the PgDip and six modules plus a Research Project for the MSc course.
Core Subjects include:
- Foundations of Data Science
- Databases and Cloud Computing for Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Data Validation and Understanding
- Statistical Modelling and Data Mining
- Machine Learning and Data Modelling
Teaching methods include lectures, directed tutorials, seminars and practical sessions, project preparation and project implementation. The course is assessed through coursework and/or written examinations.
The course will seek accreditation from the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.